Our facility is equipped to manufacture oral solid forms as capsules, tablets and powders in jars. Our tablet and encapsulation capability is comprehensive, with a full range of shapes and sizes. Pharmaline specializes in the contract supplement packaging of Dietary Supplements with a wide range of packaging and bottling options including unit packing of sport nutritionals. With full control over service, quality and reliability all under one roof, we provide one vendor convenience to our customers. We continually provide innovative solutions to meet growing demands and deliver to you the highest quality at the most competitive pricing.
Job Title: Manufacturing Manager
Pay details: Full-time 35 hours per week, Rate $ 35 per hour, Start date: January 2018
Job location: Mississauga, ON, Canada.
- Have in-depth knowledge in the manufacturing of Herbal Formulations, Dietary Supplements and Nutraceuticals.
- Thorough knowledge in manufacturing and packaging of Capsules, Tablets and Powders.
- Knowledge in liquid formulations manufacturing and packaging.
- Have knowledge and able to train individuals on Development of Herbal formulations and Operations like Blending, Compression, Coating and Packaging.
- Performed equipment set up and executed batches to make creams, ointments, lotions, syrups etc.
- Knowledge in good mfg practices and standard operating procedures.
- Excellent knowledge in the manufacturing of various forms of supplements with multivitamin and multi-ingredient formulas.
- Thorough awareness relates to Vegan, Vegetarian and Kosher Formulas.
- Thorough knowledge in various coating techniques for tablets.
- Hands on development role focused on checking quality standards and analytics solutions.
- Knowledge of Blister Packing with wide range of standard blister configurations for tablets and capsules.
- Knowledge of dry powder filling and packaging.
- Responsible to recruit, train and manage the performance of direct reports.
- Commits or contribution via code or technical guidance to develop and test drug compounds.
- Knowledge in implementing hygienic practices at work place.
- Provide proactive leadership and vision to ensure alignment of business in terms of safety, quality and production.
- Analyze production and quality control to detect and correct problems.
- Having knowledge of analytical instruments like HPLC, HPTLC, GC, ICP-MS, AAS will be added advantage.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance.
- Regular interaction with the representatives of loan license manufacturing companies and following their standard operating procedures.
- Ensures that all operations comply with current Good Manufacturing Procedures, reviews Standard Operating Procedure changes for all plant operations, and monitors training and enforcement to ensure SOPs are followed.
- Plan manpower deployment in accordance with scheduled manufacturing and packaging demands.
- Responsible to ensure the department is in full compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies.
- Accountable for sustaining month-to-month reliability targets, quality standards and safety index.
- Evaluate manufacturing and packaging processes to identify the opportunities to shorten cycle times & reduce waste.
- Follow quality assurance guidelines including the documentation, checking and review of all operations in the manufacturing process.
- Knowledge in Production Planning and Inventory Control.
- Experience in Investigating and identifying the root cause and generated Incident Reports for in-process, product & equipment failure and created CAPAs.
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems and breakdowns during manufacturing and packaging operations.
Only candidates with above qualifications should apply!
Qualification and Key Skills Required:
- Bachelors / Masters in Pharmacy or Chemistry with equivalent industry experience.
- At least 10 to 15 years Production formulation experience relates to Herbal drugs and Dietary Supplements.
- Health & Safety aspects in work (HSW) course certification preferred.
- Strong experience with Herbal, Dietary Supplements and nutraceuticals manufacturing and development.
- Strong problem solving skill set, and the ability to understand new technologies quickly are essential.
- Experience in Tablet, Capsules and dry powders manufacturing and packaging.
- Experience with researching, develop, and testing drug compounds.
- Familiarity with multi herbal and allopathic formulations.
- Experience in production operations, methodology process and development practices.
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining safe and healthy working conditions in work area.
- Develop high performance shift organization that maximizes employees' teamwork, contributions, suggestions and decisions.
- Knowledge in Quality Assurance Procedures to check and review of each operation activity.
- To lead the implementation of large-scale departmental initiatives.
We will check references with previous employers. If you are a qualified candidate, please email cover letter, pay requirements, work history, resume, and references. We will contact the most qualified candidates within the next month. Email responses only.
We are an "Equal Opportunity Employer" -- this job description / advertisement does not constitute an offer or guarantee of employment